Saturday, August 26, 2006

Took a Break

But I'm back in action.

I've spent a day on creating a proper eye shader (to be used on both characters), and another on making the bottom squash and stretch. What I did for that was to assign the head a sq/str non-linear and then paint the eye area out of the blenshape (u can paint blendshapes but not non-linears or lattices? C'mon?! - oh and by the way, THERE'S NO WAY TO EXPORT THE WEIGHTS!! Whatever).

And the controls are starting to get hooked up. Today I'll create another one of those sq/str things, along side with a bend non-linear to the top of the head. It's a shame to spend a day on it, but it would be too rigid if I didn't. I expect to finish the ENTIRE FACE ('cept extra stuff like the tongue, teeth and hair) by the end of monday.

I also started to think of a battleplan, since the semester is almost starting. I want to have a test scene (like Rob advised) perfected by september 30th. While I'm doing that, I want to get most of the modeling out of the way, finish lucy's rig as well, and figuring out both character's cloth/hair. That leaves me 6 months for animation and 1 month post, but the post can kinda overlap the animation, we'll see how it goes. I wanna work 8 hours every day, regardless of school, 'cept on saturday (maybe tuesday can be half-a-day).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home