Sunday, August 13, 2006

Finished with BlendShapes

Running low on energy the past couple of days. I think I need a few days off. The eye shapes were, yes u guessed it, more complex than I thought they would be. They still don't look perfect for me, but I think this time I'll let it slide. If I did the entire thing again, I would model things differently, but right now I'm affraid I can't afford to go back and redo everything. It looks pretty darn good - I just feel I would draw it differently... And that's the feeling I unltimately want to have - that I'm drawing each frame, or moving clay puppets around like in stop action. The controls are gonna be geared towards that - everything would be very hands on.

I think I'm gonna take it easy for the next week, let my brain unwind a bit. I just want to tackle all the deformations for the head (I'm gonna need some help with that) - I want to have eye squash and stretch, a tiny top squash and stretch, and a bottom squash and stretch. Probably lattices or non-linears, but it's really frustrating to figure out.

Here's my all my blendshapes all lined up like little soldiers.

Speaking of which, the situation back home doesn't seem like it's getting any better. That's also great for my mood as well... Check out this very smart Arab psychologoist explaining the situation from a very very broad perspective. I couldn't agree more when she says that what's going on in the world is not a clash between cultures, but a clash between eras (copy and paste): http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/
video_480x360.asp?ai%3d214%26amp;ar%3d1050wmv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home